Legal Sports Betting in Nevada
Sports Betting Legislation
A lot of gambling was first legalized in Nevada back in 1931, but it wasn’t until 18 years later, in 1949, that sports betting was made legal.
When PASPA was repealed, and other states could start to gamble, Nevada also took advantage of this situation and ventured into mobile and online sports betting, which is now incredibly popular there.
One interesting law in Nevada is that sports betting online is currently only available via mobile applications. This means that you have to download an app from one of the regulated providers in order to bet on sports online.
Best Sports Betting Sites and Apps
- DraftKings Sportsbook – Draftkings is one of Nevada’s biggest sportsbooks online. Their site is available in various states and has a range of diverse markets for customers to get their hands on.
- FanDuel Sportsbook – When it comes to markets in American sports, there are few companies that compete with Fanduel. The site is one of the popular Nevada online sports betting apps.
- William Hill Sportsbook – William Hill is one of the biggest sportsbooks in the world. Their site is available in various countries and offers some of the best markets and special offers in Nevada.
- Westgate Sportsbook – Westgate is perhaps the most famous and biggest sportsbook in Las Vegas. They offer an incredible range of NV sports betting online and is one of the best places where you can place sports bets in Las Vegas.
- STN Sports – STN Sports are owned by Station Casinos and offer one of the most advanced mobile apps in Nevada.
- Caesar’s Sportsbook – The name Caesars is iconic in Las Vegas, and this sportsbook is one of the best available in the city.
- Play MGM – One of the hottest new kids on the block, Play MGM offers excellent markets on all of the big American and international sports. It is one of the best Nevada sportsbooks.
- Atlantis Sportsbook – Another sportsbook linked with Vegas’s most famous casinos. This sportsbook has odds and markets that are second to none.
- BConnected Sports – BConnected Sports offers odds on the hottest sports in America. They have an excellent mobile app that is easy to navigate and offers a range of special features.
- Golden Nuggets Sports Book – Golden Nuggets is one of the most popular sportsbooks in America and their brand has an excellent range of markets available for customers in Nevada.
- WYNN Sports Book – The Wynn Sportsbook is one of the most sophisticated on the entire Vegas strip. Not only is it a 5-star venue, but it is also one of the best sportsbooks.
- Circa Sportsbook – One of the newest sportsbook operators in downtown Las Vegas, this site has a range of competitive markets and odds for customers.
M Resorts Sportbook (offline) – Gamblers traveling from California will instantly recognize M Resorts as it is the first casino and sportsbook you encounter coming in from that direction. The luxury casino has a range of different sports for customers to gamble on.
- Treasure Island Sportsbook – This is one of the most diverse sportsbooks available in Las Vegas and has some of the best horse racing markets around.
- South Point Sports Betting- South Point is one of the nicest spots in Vegas, and their sports markets online have helped make them one of Vegas’s top casinos.
Sports Betting Locations – Where to Play
Where can you place sports bets in Las Vegas? Ultimately, finding your chosen sportsbook will come down to personal preference.
Some people may prefer to visit sportsbooks in huge casinos, while others may prefer more private and intimate settings. One great thing about Nevada is that it has locations for just about everyone.
Needless to say, Las-Vegas is the most popular spot for those looking to place sports bets. On the opposite end of that spectrum, some gamblers may prefer to gamble from their own homes, and the convenience and availability of sports gambling apps allow them to do this with ease.
Betting Apps: How to bet on Mobile
No state has invested quite as much time and money in mobile betting as Nevada. Mobile apps are readily available for residents of there, and there are plenty of excellent options for players to choose from. Almost all apps available in Nevada are supported on both Android and iOS operating systems, as well as working on browsers like Google Chrome and Safari.
Setting Up a Sports Betting App and Account
Sports betting apps in Nevada must usually be set up at a real-life land-based casino. This can seem quite daunting to new players, but it is a fairly easy process. Players will just need to make sure that they take along a form of government-approved identification and that they take proof of address, such as a recently dated utility bill.
While some casinos may require you to make frequent returns to their sportsbook in order to make deposits and withdrawals in person, a lot of apps will now allow you to deposit and withdraw cash on your mobile thanks to new software available.
New Customer Bonuses
No sports gambling site would be complete without an exciting welcome bonus for its new customers. Sign-up bonuses have become a staple of online gambling, and it now has one of the biggest selling points of an online gambling site.
Most welcome bonuses for sportsbooks tend to offer some sort of free or matched bet. Deposit bonuses are also very common. To claim these, you will often need to have some sort of access to a bonus code when you initially sign up for a website. It is also highly recommended that you read through all of the terms & conditions in order to make sure you know the wagering requirements and other potential limitations.
Here are some of the welcome offers you could find on major betting sites in Nevada:
After downloading and registering in their app, the residents of Nevada are eligible for a free $25 starting bet. This is also followed by a bonus up to $1000.
This famous brand also has some exciting deals for their new customers to offer. This includes a matched bet of $50, so you after making this bet, you get additional $50 free deposit that you can eventually use to play with.
This sportsbook provides even more exciting bonuses to its new players, with $500 first bet match along with a deposit bonus of up to $500.
Another popular app that includes both sportsbook and casino offers. As for welcome bonuses, it provides sports bettors with 100% matched deposit up to $250.
They are in official partnership with NBA and are known for some great welcome offers. As of today, PlayMGM offer its customers a $500 risk-free bet.
- Atlantis Sports App – Atlatnis’s sports app is nice and easy to use and has a range of different markets available.
- B Connected App – BConnected is an excellent looking app that has a range of American sports markets to bet on.
- Caesars App – Caesars is one of the most famous venues in Vegas, and their mobile app only solidifies their place as one of the best.
- CG Technology App – The CG sportsbook has a beautifully designed app that makes online sports gambling practical and easy.
- Golden Nuggets App – Few online casinos can compete with Golden Nuggets when it comes to mobile gaming. Their app is a delight to use, and their markets are some of the best in Nevada.
- PlayMGM App – The letters MGM are iconic in Vegas, and their mobile app is one of the best NV mobile sports betting apps.
- NV Sports App – A nice and simple Android Sports betting apps that offer a range of different markets for customers.
- STN Sports App – One of the oldest and most trusted Nevada sports betting apps. STN has a wide selection of international markets, as well as some of the best odds in the city.
- South Point App – South Point is not only easy to use, but it also boasts a brilliant catalog of sports to wager on. It is also among the most trusted Nevada Sports books.
- Ti Sports App – Treasure Island’s iOS sports betting app is one of Vegas’s most modern and enjoyable around. Their site has a range of special features, as well as some excellent markets and odds.
- Westgate Superbook App – Westgate is one of the biggest Nevada Sports betting online sites and their app is also one of the coolest on the market.
- William Hill App- Few casinos have an international presence like William Hill. The British site is one of the most innovative on the market today.
- Wynn App – Wynn is one of the nicest sportsbooks in Vegas, and that level of sophistication and class has been passed onto their mobile app as well.
There are few sports as synonymous with gambling like horse racing. The sports makes millions of year from online punters, and of course, there are plenty of options available in Nevada.
Due to its climate, there are actually very few sports tracks available to place a bet in Nevada. Calls for a track in Las Vegas itself are incredibly common, but nothing has yet come to fruition there.
Nevada is always trying to cater to its audience, and there are tons of off-track betting options available. Most casinos and sportsbooks will have odds available from races all over the world, meaning you can place your stakes on your chosen horses from your own living room.
More and more online sportsbooks now have access to live streams, meaning you can keep up with all of the action from home as well.
Types of legal Sports Betting in Nevada
- Point Spread – This is a very popular type of gamble. The bookmakers will provide one of the teams with a handicap in order to even the odds. So one team may have to overcome a -10 handicap in order for you to win the bet on them.
- Money Line – The simplest type of bet/. This is when you bet on a single event to win.
- Totals – Also known as over/under, this is when you bet on a certain statistic in the game and whether or not it will be over/under a given amount.
- Partial Game Lines – Partial games lines are when you bet on the outcome of a specific period of part of a game, instead of the full-time outcome.
- Parlay – Parlays are multiple bets where the odds accumulate to give great payouts.
- Teasers – Teasers are basically a combination of parlays and totals or a points spread. In a teaser, a point spread is in your favor.
Pleasers – A pleaser is very similar to a teaser, except that the points spread in the bet is not in your favor.
- Round Robin – A round-robin is like a Parlay bet, but you are covering various different combinations when doing so. These bets are often high stakes but can pay out very well.
- Futures – Also referred to as outrights. This is when you bet on who will win a league or tournament.
- In-Play – These do as they say on their tin. They are bets that can be placed while a game is in play.
- Propositional Wagers – Often shortened to ‘prop’ bets, these are special or novelty bets you can place on a sport. Such as when a specific event will happen.
Betting on Popular Sports
In Nevada, there is a little bit of something for everybody. As well as traditional US sports leagues like NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB, you will also find a range of markets on things like UFC, boxing, tennis, golf, Nascar, and many other disciplines.
Before you choose which sports you would like to bet on, you should always make sure you have done an adequate amount of research. Betting on every single sport available is not advisable; instead, you should find a sport that you feel comfortable wagering money on before doing so.
You should also make sure you do your research when it comes to odds. Most casinos in Nevada, especially in Vegas, are in constant competition with one another in order to offer their customers the best odds on the market.
Betting on Super Bowl
Super Bowl weekend is the biggest sporting event in America, and millions of bets are placed on the event each and every year.
Nevada casinos and sportsbooks will be in direct competition with one another in a big to odder their customers their best odds for the events.
Super Bowl is the culmination of NFL’s season. It typically takes place on the last Sunday in January. Popular types of bets to be placed on the event include over/under, money lines, and points spread.
Betting on March Madness
In many ways, March Madness is like the Super Bowl for online sports bettors. The tournament, as its name might suggest, takes place every March, is a single-elimination tournament in the NCAA. Sixty-eight teams compete over the course of a month. There is a total of 63 different games for customers to place bets on, making this an exciting tournament to bet on.
Sportsbooks in Nevada will not only compete with each other for best odds, but they are also likely to have a range of special promotions and bonuses available during this time period.
How to Start Betting Online?
Getting started with betting online can seem daunting, but it is actually a very easy process.
But first of all, make sure:
- You create an account in person
- You are at least 21 years old
- You can provide your ID, SSN, and/or tax ID number.
The process of creating an account and starting betting is usually the same, no matter which sportsbook you are using, and normally follows the same few steps:
- Visit a casino and register for an account.
- Download their sportsbook app
- Make a deposit using the ‘my account section’
- Use their menu to find your preferred sport and market
- Click on your bet to add it to your bet slip
- Select your stake, double-check everything is correct and hit ‘place bet’.
Depending on the type of bet you are placing, you may also be able to enter a promo code just before you hit the place bet button in order to claim any promotional offers.
Please note that there’s a minimum deposit required to start betting. In most cases, it’s $100, but some casinos allow depositing $50.
Banking, Deposits and Withdrawal
One of the most important things when it comes to betting online is how you deposit funds and withdraw funds.
In Nevada, there are various different ways you can make deposits and withdrawals at online sportsbooks.
Credit and debit cards – This is the most common way for customers to deposit and withdraw cash from online casinos. It is often seen as one of the safest and most reliable.
E-Wallets – E-wallets have become an increasingly popular way to deposit and withdraw funds at a Nevada online sports betting casino. One of the biggest reasons for this is their ease of use and their speedy withdrawal times. These will often withdraw cash to your bank account in less than 24 hours.
Pre-paid cards – A pre-paid card is a card that you have to load money onto yourself. These are an excellent way of controlling your spending.
Pay by Phone – An increasingly popular way to deposit cash is by using your phone. This can be used so that it adds money to your monthly bill or uses funds that are already available on your phone.
PayPal – The most popular type of e-wallet online is PayPal. The site uses all of the latest encryption tools to ensure that their customer’s data is safe, and they also offer incredibly quick withdrawal times with nominal fees.
PayNearMe – PayNearMe is a great service for those who don’t want to spend money online. PayNearMe allows you to pay in person at a designated store, in cash, which will then be funded to your online casino/sportsbook account.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Betting
There are many advantages to placing a sports bet online. One of the most obvious advantages of betting online is the ease and convenience of the whole process. You will be able to place bets from the comfort of your own living room, with little to no physical exertion involved. Nevada online sports betting is among the best in America.
On top of that, there is often a whole array of special offers and bonuses available exclusively for those who prefer to place their bets on the internet.
In terms of downsides, a lot of gamblers still like to be able to place their bets in real casinos and enjoy the atmosphere and excitement of doing so.
Is online betting legal in Nevada?
- Yes. Nevada Online sports betting is totally legal in the state.
What are the best online betting sites?
- This is a popular question, especially for those based in Vegas, and the answer is simple - the best Nevada online sports betting site is the one which is best for you. Every sportsbook will offer something a little different, so it is down to individual tastes and needs to find what you are looking for.
Do you have to live in Nevada to gamble online?
- By state law, only residents of Nevada are allowed to gamble online at casinos based in the state.
Do I have to be 21 to bet on sports?
- Yes. The law of the United States of America states that a person must be 21 years old or older in order to gamble in any capacity.
How do I place a bet online?
- To place a bet online, you will first need to open a betting account with one of the casinos. Once you have done, you should download their app. Then you can find your chosen sports, select the odds you want, enter your stake, and place your bet.
Can you bet online in Las Vegas?
- While Vegas is definitely better known for its excellent bricks and mortar casinos, betting online is also incredibly popular in the city.